![]() |
| credit |
What did you do for yourself today? Me? Not what's pictured above. I WISH!
I went to the library and checked out Attached, per Victory's advice. AND after an insanely triggering and sad morning, I found time at 3:00pm to take a shower. PLUS I continued to dry my hair and put on make-up instead of immediately cleaning up after my four-year old daughter peed her pants. Selfish, or self-care? I'm not sure. But the daughter survived just fine and I feel slightly better.

Well, I made it to the gym today! Self-care is hard.
ReplyDeleteI know, right? Why does it feel so impossible to take care of ourselves? Good for you for making it to the gym- that always helps me!
DeleteI wish I you and I (and all the other WOPAs we love) could hit that beach together!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you that you did so much to care for yourself today. And I hope you get to read that book soon, and that it helps!
Today I took care of myself by respecting the fact that I am sick and expecting/requiring nothing of myself except rest and making full use of the current situation of having a husband willing to serve me hand and foot. I'm starting to think God has this timing thing really figured out . . .
Haha- sounds like a good plan to me. God's timing is perfect, even if it doesn't feel like what we want all the time ;)
Deletei vote that finishing your hair and makeup was self care. :)
ReplyDeleteSelf care is key for me. It felt selfish at first but I see how taking care of me has made me a better person. More patient, kind, understanding, loving, open...
It's so true. I used to laugh at how often people like Oprah would talk about taking care of yourself- I couldn't figure out how all these people were so negligent of their own needs all the time. Little did I know I was on a long slow road to neglecting myself that almost lead to a complete break down. It sometimes still feels selfish, especially when it comes to putting my needs before something my kids want, but I know it's necessary for all of our well-beings.
Delete